Download FULL Show Notes PDF: Click Here
[OVERVIEW]Today we are going to discuss:
- ONE Proven, simple way to quickly ASSESS your most essential grid-down power needs are and how to fix them.
- We’ll get into 4 Pillars or Preparedness and how to determine if you have a Little House in the Prairie or Tesla MINDSET when it comes to electricity.
- You’ll get our blueprint for putting together a very simple $100 “off-grid” / renewable electricity kit that will take care of your basic lighting and communication needs.
- Then I’ll share with you an affordable $50 DIY hack that can convert any 12 volt car or marine battery into a FOREVER solar power system.
- Before we’re all done - we will take you step by step through what I call the 3 Tiers of Emergency Backup Power
- And then we’ll SHARE a BONUS TIP for that COULD take you COMPLETELY OFF GIRD - FOREVER - IF you are HANDY and have access to scrap or fire wood.
- And we’ll get into a LOT MORE - AS OUR discussion ORBITs around Creek’s NEW - BEST SELLING book… The Disaster Ready Home.
- And a lot more...
Download FULL Show Notes PDF: Click Here
Listen to the Podcast: Click Here
Here's ALL the Emergency, Disaster / Survival Gear We Recommend CLICK HERE
See Notes Below for Links to All the Gear Mentioned in this Podcast....
Cut the power and things go from bad to worse FAST!
Lights, heat, cooling, communications, computers, water pumps, refrigerators / freezers and a LOT more are useless without power and WILL disrupt your life.
- Build a Buffer
- Mitigate / minimize disruption, undue stress and danger
- Keep vital / essentials in home powered
- Aid in Safety and Security
- Build 3 Tiers of Backup Power
CREEK STORY - Importance of Cell Phones in a Disaster.
- A - More Convenient / Comfortable / Easy - Lower Effort /Labor (during crisis) - But - HIGHER $ Cost NOW
B - Less Convenient and Easy - Higher effort /work / labor - AND - LOWER $ Cost NOW
#1 BEST / Easiest Way to Assess Your Power...
EASY Way - Turn Off Power for a Day or Two (And start to filly our gaps with what we are going to share on the podcast today).
HARD Way - Guess and just start buying stuff and pay the price when the grid goes down.
TIER #1 - SMALL Device Power: Renewable
- Renewable / Off-Grid Power - Is Power FOREVER
- Safety / Security is KEY - Lighting, Communication
A - Self Contained Lighting (Safety / Security)
- Collapsible LED Solar Camp Light (Or Lantern) / With Solar + USB Input: https://amzn.to/3y8lUc0
- Crush Light Camp - Goal Zero: https://amzn.to/3kvvPAr
- Solar Lantern: https://amzn.to/3s7aJfY
Solar OUTDOOR Path Lights: https://amzn.to/3s7aJfY
B - Portable Power Brick Power System
Keep Devices / Phones Charged - Like Mobile Devices and LED Headlamps: https://amzn.to/3s2gmMv
Here's a Renewable Mini / Solar Power System
- Anker USB Power Bricks (25,000 - 60,000 mAh) - https://amzn.to/3s6hKNU
- USB Solar Panel 15W+ https://amzn.to/3y8n7A4
PRO TIP: Keep Plugged into Wall Outlet and Fully Charged Until Needed.
C - Solar Dynamo Radio: https://amzn.to/37Xj3rP
Hand Crank and Solar - Can Power or Charge ONE Device.
Provides AM / FM / SW Radio
C - 12V DC Power Inverter: https://amzn.to/3kwxRAa
- Powers any Low Watt AC or USB Device
- Use with almost any DC Car, 12v Lawn Tractor or 12v Marine Battery
Larger ones can be powered by vehicle (until it runs out of gas).
BONUS! Pro Tip - DIY Kit:
SIMPLE SOLAR SYSTEM - Using 12V DC Inverter
Cheap, Renewable, Mid-Power
- 12V DC Inverter ($30 - $200): https://amzn.to/3s5HaLI
- Deep Cycle / Marine Battery $75 - $400: https://amzn.to/3FbQFP2
- Solar Panel / Trickle Charger (10W - 20W with Battery Alligator Clips) $40 - $80: https://amzn.to/38JBRej
TIER #2 - Small / Mid-Device Power - Renewable / Solar
- Jackery Portable Power Station (Solar Generators) 500 or 1000 Watt Hours
Keep Plugging in a Charging Until Needed: https://amzn.to/37bsvre
Add Jackery 100W Solar Panels: https://amzn.to/38MXF8R
USB and AC Power
TIER #3 - Gasoline / Propane and Natural Gas Home Generators
A - Gas Generator
David has a portable gas generator (and smaller backup) for powering refrigerators freezers, deep well pump, and other essentials in power outages. LINK to Gas Generators: https://amzn.to/3F6wJNa
PRO TIP - If Storing Gasoline - Add STA-BIL to fuel. Increases life span by years: https://amzn.to/3kzDeP7
PRO TIP - You can buy (and install) a transfer switch box that runs into your home breaker box and plug your generator in from the outside to power your home. LINK: https://amzn.to/3LGBSxW
B - Propane and Natural Gas Generators / DUAL & Tri Fuel
There are may dual fuel generators now. So if you have Propane or Natural Gas these may suit your needs: https://amzn.to/3vB79gb
C - Home Standby (automatic) - Natural Gas or Propane Generators: https://amzn.to/3LE8A3b
- This is the ultimate options for easy - instant power in an emergency.
- They hook to electric box and come on instantly when the power goes out.
- Sized right one will power your entire home.
- Fueled by Propane or Natural Gas.
- Must be installed by a professional.
- COST several thousand - expect $5000 - $8000.
Amazon, Lowes and Home Depot both sell.
Kohler - Genmac - Generac - Honeywell
BONUS: SUPER Preppers PRO Tip:
DIY - Wood Gasifier - POWER FOREVER - With Wood Scraps
Power almost ANY carbureted engine:
DIY Build Manual: Wood Gasifiers Bible: https://amzn.to/3F6XRM2
Creek - How can people find you? http://www.creekstewart.com/
[EXIT / OUTRO]
Okay everyone… before we head out of here I’d like you to do 3 things to help us help others out learn what they need to do now - before disaster strikes…
FIRST - Please pay it forward… by sharing our FAMILY FRIENDLY content… with the ones you love… and on social media…
And SECOND… Go on OVER to our MOTHER SHIP - UltimateSurvivalTips.com com and check it out… There’s LOTS of free content, videos and unique gear (Like our Tiny Survival and First Aid guides)
And WHILE you are there… don’t forget to click on the PODCAST Tab to get the Show Notes PDF (with links) to things we discussed today…
Then Go give us a 5 Star Rating and Honest review wherever you listen to this podcast…
AND… we WANT to hear from your…
So send us an email AT SurvivalShowPodcast@GMAIL.COM Let US Know:
TOPICS You Want US to COVER
GUESTS You’d Like to Hear from
SEND US Your QUESTIONS
IF we feature your question on the show - we will give you a shout out - AND - David WILL put your name in the hat for a chance to win an MSK-1 Knife for Christmas.
AND - Don’t Forget to GO Grab Yourself Some TINY FIRST AID GUIDES - and discover the essential skills you need to become a medically prepared person - READY to Save a Life AND Administer First in Almost Any Situation.
You Can get them at UltimateSurvivalTips.com or on Amazon.
Okay… I think that’s about it… Thanks for Joining us today! We’ll see you next time on the Survival Show Podcast…
Until Then: - Keep It Simple, Be Positive and Stay Sharp.