Today we are going to begin an IMPORTANT series with my friend Creek Stewart - based off of his brand NEW book, The Disaster Ready Home.
- Simple Emergency Food Plan: Today we are gonna to discuss The SIMPLEST, most affordable and practical long-term emergency food plan I’ve ever seen…
- 2 Week Plan: Then we will discuss how to easily build a 2 week, 2 month - and even up to a 2 year food supply (in a short period of time) without breaking your budget - stressing yourself out or going into debt.
- 5 Threats to Long-Term Food Storage
- How to Preserve Food for Up to 35 years
To Download Show Notes PDF: Click Here
To LISTEN to the Podcast: Click Here
Links Mentioned in Podcast:
Tiny First Aid Guide and Save 20%…
It’s been a blessing to see it receive rave reviews and becoming a #1 NEW Release in First Aid over on Amazon - So to get this guide in your hands as soon as possible - go over to UltimateSurvivalTips.com and use CODE: FIRSTAID20 (at checkout) for 20% off Tiny First Aid Guides. Also check out David’s MSK-1 Knife and EDC Gear at Tiny Survival.com
Tiny First Aid Guide on Amazon
Visit Outdoor Core - Today’s Sponsor
Go check out today’s sponsors OutdoorCore.com (To Learn Outdoor Skills - Online) - or to Become an Instructor Yourself and Make Some Extra Jingle.
Visit Today’s Guest Co-Host - Creek Stewart
Go Check Out EVERYTHING Creek is Up To (and Grab His FREE Sprouting Course at: CreekStewart.com
The Disaster Ready Home (New Book by Creek Stewart) on Amazon
HARVEST RIGHT Freeze Dryers (Save Around $1,000) - Use this link to get FREE SHIPPING, a Premiere Pump Upgrade and a FREE Starter Kit of Bags, Oxygen Absorbers, Heat Sealer - Everything you need when you use this link: www.ultimatesurvivaltips.com/freeze
David’s Freezer Dryer Setup and “How to Video”: And for my full VIDEO review on YouTube - https://youtu.be/mMNr0ofO1Fk
CREEK! Welcome to the show brother.
Congratulations on the New Book - The Disaster Ready Home on AMAZON 4.9 Stars! #1 NEW Release in Survival & Emergency Preparedness - Link: https://amzn.to/3tXj3Rh
Creek you’ve been on the podcast several times but as we get into the today series - would you please refresh us with a bit of your back story - right up to why you wrote The Disaster Ready Home at this moment in time…
MAIN TOPIC: Long Term Food Storage for Sheltering in Place: PART 1: A discussion of practical and affordable options to build a buffer of food for uncertain times.
PART 1 (Today) focuses on entry-level, easy to implement emergency food storage strategies for the average suburban home that require very little to no lifestyle change.
PART 2 (Next Time) focuses on more robust food storage and production SYSTEMS that require more time, effort, and energy to implement.
- Why emergency food storage?
- Food supply interruption
- Can’t get to grocery store
- Job loss
- RISING COST of FOOD - Storing and Preserving Food is LITERALLY Becoming an Investment that is Currently Appreciating in Value.
- Timing is Still OKAY. Food is Reasonably Affordable. Start Now!
- Fragile Supply Chain - Rising Fuel Prices (Tractors, Transportation)
- Panic Buying Theory - Shelve Can Empty Quick
- Buy As time and budget allows
- THREE BROAD CATEGORIES of Long Term Food Storage
- Rotation items from Grocery Store (1-3 year shelf life)
- Bulk Dry Goods
- Freeze Dried Foods
- Store bought
- Self made
- ROTATION – The most practical first approach
- Make a list of top 10-20 items your family eats most often that have a shelf life of 1-3 years
- Canned goods, dry goods, boxed meals, etc. (NO FRESH PRODUCE OR MEAT)
- Buy a few extras of these items on each trip to the grocery
- Store them in a closet on a shelf for regular rotation with Kitchen pantry
- Store the items you eat and eat the items you store.
- Slowly build buffer of these items
- BULK DRY GOODS
- Dried beans, lentils, pastas, grains, rice
- Great option to gather a lot of food on a budget
- Where to get?
- GFS (restaurant supply stores)
- Country Life Naturals
- Must be repackaged if desired to last more than 3 years
- REPACKAGING PROCESS – DETAILS in PART 2 (Next Time)
- FREEZE DRIED FOODS (David Discuss)
- What is it?
- Where to buy prepackages freeze dried meals?
- AT-HOME FREEZE DRYING
- David Tells All in PART II but teases here.
- HARVEST RIGHT FREEZE DRIERS - Use this link to get FREE SHIPPING, a Premiere Pump Upgrade and a FREE Starter Kit of Bags, Oxygen Absorbers, Heat Sealer - Everything you need when you use this link: www.ultimatesurvivaltips.com/freeze -
- This link is in the podcast description and in the FREE show notes @ https://ultimatesurvivaltips.com/ and Click the Podcast Link.
- And for my full VIDEO review and step by step setup and us of our freeze dryer - I’ll put a link in the SHOW NOTES - https://youtu.be/mMNr0ofO1Fk
- Other items to think about
- SURVIVAL SPROUTING / MICRO GREENS
- What is sprouting?
- Supplies Needed
- Sprouting Seeds
- Six -Day Cycle
- Tips and tricks
Before we head out of here for the day… what are two thoughts you’d like to leave our listeners with today?
So next time we will continue our discussion with:
PART 2: What David Calls this “FOOD Forever”
Small scale food production
- Creek’s experience
- Potential guest (Beth Hoy)
- Guinea pigs (yes, I’ve experimented with this)
- At Home Freeze Drying
- Raised beds
- BEE KEEPING - David’s Experience
- vii.Gardening / Heritage Seeds
- viii.BULK DRY GOODS REPACKAGING
- 5 Gallon Buckets
- Mylar Bags
- 2000cc Oxygen Absorbers
- Home Iron/2x4
- Gamma Seal lids
- 30+ years
- Other considerations
- Grain mill
- Dry canning
Creek how can people find and connect with you online?
If you enjoyed today’s EPISODE I would be honored if you would help us GET the word out by doing TWO things:
• Subscribe to this podcast - if you have not already done so… AND give US a SWEET 5 Star Review on Apple iTunes or Your Favorite Podcast Platform.
• And… please pay it FORWARD by sharing this Episode with your friends and loved ones via text, email or on social media. ITs free to do so and it’s a win, win win for everyone.
AND… Go check out today’s sponsors OutdoorCore.com (To Learn Outdoor Skills - Online) - or to Become an Instructor Yourself and Make Some Extra Jingle.
And don’t forget to go over to UltimateSurvivalTips.com where you can also grab today’s show notes - for FREE by clicking on the Podcast at the top of the page … AND while you’re there checkout my MSK-1 survival knife and my COMING SOON super secret NEW knife - PLUS - my custom designed EDC survival kits and take 20% off my NEW Tiny First Aid Guide by using CODE: FIRSTAID20 at check out…
All right everyone, thanks for Joining us today! We’ll see YOU next time… on the Survival Show Podcast.
And Remember to… Keep it simple, Be positive and Stay Sharp!